Aware of the responsibility of being agents in a sector that, through the conveyance of goods, is responsible for a considerable carbon footprint, CTT looks at Sustainability as a central theme of its development strategy - Faster, Better, Greener. Moving in that direction, CTT has committed to achieve the net-zero goal by 2030.
We use sustainable development principles in our strategy and corporate practices. The challenges are very demanding in a continuously developing market. These are the acting principles that inspire us.
- We create permanent and sustainable value to shareholders.
- Our management systems’ continuous certification reflects our commitment towards our customers, the environment and quality of service.
- We promote economic growth and reinforce our proximity within the community and society on a daily basis.
Innovation and development
- Innovation and creativity drive our daily solutions.
- We try to be pioneers and adopt market leader technologies, to ensure sustainable processes with positive impact to all.
Ethics, governance and integrity
- We have listening, communication and dialog channels always open, trying to meet everybody’s expectations.
- We communicate our social, economic and environmental activity and performance in an objective and transparent way.
- We have values, principles and codes of conduct that guide our performance before our stakeholders.
- We promote the protection of the environment and biodiversity, energy efficiency, and the fight against climate change.
- We are recognized in worldwide industry rankings for positive results in carbon management.
- We are aware of the carbon footprint of our operation and we operate, already today, one of the largest and most modern ecological fleets in the country, which continues to grow.
- The supply of carbon-neutral products and services, as well as products incorporating reused or recycled materials, continues to expand.
- With the contribution of Portuguese women and men, we have already planted about 100,000 native trees in the national territory, reinforcing our commitment to our forest.
- We have practices to reconcile professional, family and personal life.
- We contribute to the promotion of gender equality, towards parity in top and middle management positions.
- Respect for human rights is part of the corporate policy and we have internal channels for denunciations of practices against people's dignity.
- We promote the involvement of employees with the community, through environmental and social volunteering initiatives.
- We dedicate a portion of our annual revenues to generating positive community impact. That impact is measured and managed to broaden and deepen its effectiveness.
We have defined policies and regulations that cover critical working areas and that are a reference to all areas of our activity.